April 28, 2012

Model Volcano

Seemed simple. Buy volcano model. Take out of box. Add baking soda and vinegar. Huge explosion (as the Google Chrome Angry Birds add would say). I suppose I missed the word "model" and the fact that you are supposed to enjoy dipping plaster pieces into water and laying over string strung around a tube and piece of cardboard. After several hours of construction fun, time for the money shot. Not so much. Even though I used the recommended baking powder, instead of baking soda, the resulting bubbly mix was not that exciting. I should have used a bottle a beer after somebody tapped the top of the bottle with another bottle; man did I hate that trick. Plus the bonus orange glow-in-the-dark paint did not glow as promised. If she didn't want to keep it, I would just fill it with lighter fluid and be famous on YouTube as worse father ever.
volcano model made from plaster and paint