June 14, 2012

Bird's Nest

It may not look like much, and it is certainly not one of those fancy Montezuma Oropendola nests with cable and running water, however, this nest is a good example of nature at its finest. Talk about reclaimed furniture; how about a reclaimed house? Really I just needed something to juxtapose next to the Blue Jay and I couldn't get a picture of the mommy Blue Jay, nor a Robin who wouldn't let me get close enough. Bird photography is definitively not optimal with a phone camera. I could remake "The Big Year" with a camera phone and it would be better than that movie. I would call it "The Small Year" but that is just a bad joke. Jack Black: stay in your comfort zone. Boy, I hope they don't reuse these every year since I took it out of a bush.
bird nest on the ground