February 1, 2013

Windshield Wiper Storm Preparation

One day I was out walking, and saw a bunch of cars with their windshield wipers sticking straight up in the air. I never witnessed this phenomenon until I moved south of the Mason Dixon line. I thought it might be some windshield wiper fairies or something. However, on consultation with the natives, it is apparently done by human beings to somehow save them some time before a winter storm hits? OK, well, if we did this where I hail from, the wipers would snap off under the weight of the snow. Granted, ice storms are more prevalent here, but even then, I fail to see the value. There is one reason that wiper blades can stick up like that and that is to be able to change them. This storm preparation stuff is nonsense, at least from my vantage point.
windshield wiper blades on a car sticking up with snow covering car