June 22, 2012

Dirty and Clean Whole House Filters

Air filters make the most sense to me, after all, there is no choice but to breathe all day long, and if you are shut up in a house because of the cold or heat, better that your air be filtered. Our heat pump came with a blue mesh filter that you could supposedly rinse every month and reuse. I thought that was the greatest thing ever since it meant the heat pump would be paid for in like 100 years since I didn't need to spend money on filters. Well, there is no such thing as a free lunch, and that filter just doesn't do the same job that this paper filters can. I use them both. What the hell. I hope that it just isn't making the fan work harder. As you can see, the used filter at the top grabs dirt that would otherwise end up in who knows where. 
clean and dirty air filters from whole house fan