October 22, 2012

Boston Subway

The Boston metro, or T, or whatever the hell they call it, is great, but confusing in that you don't need to scan your ticket on the way out. I was walking out, heading to the turnstile with confidence that I wouldn't look like a tourist, then had to do a big loop around like I couldn't find my card in order to watch what everyone else did. They walked right through! No ticket scanner. Who knew? Even the girl from London was asking an attendant if she needed a ticket. I think she got on for free at the airport and was wildly confused. Then again, the Seattle metro you don't even scan your ticket to get on. I guess Indiana Jones comes around and asks for your ticket, then throws you out if you don't have one uttering the line "no ticket."
boston metro train approaching platform